PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 7th Oct 2005, 21:45
sjm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So does this all apply to the guys that do the ctc scheme?

My understanding is that they all work for nothing for six months before going on to a salary with the sponsor airline, this has been going on for years now.

Lifes not fair Its only rich kids who get to pay for type ratings is complete crap!! A few guys I know have saved very hard and all have hours on small turbo props before doing type ratings, have they not done their apprenticeship.

Quote from the biggest dash8-400 operator in the country " we have loads of guys with your exp on file" two weeks later they offer jobs to un-sim checked 250hr guys.

Same with another dash 8 operator, who put 250hrs guys on jets without sim ride over guys already on dash 8 waiting for upgrades to jet.

So the airlines will never play fair, its a business. they will try to claw back as much from a work force as possible one way or the other, be it reduced salaries, heavier rosters, inforced base changes etc..

Bmi baby £3000 up front £300 less a month if untype rated
Bmi Reg £2000 " £200 less " "
Jet2 £20000 " paid back less interest.
Fr £28000 " Peanuts for about nine months

All airlines, you pay if you want to have freedom to work where and for whoever and break a bond(fair in my view).

No matter how you spin it, do/dont pay for a type rating, you pay somewhere.

And a final note, those in a job if you dont like your t and c's then leave or strike over it as a last result, if its that bad, I some how doubt it though.