PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS350 Astar / AS355 Twinstar [Archive Copy]
Old 7th Oct 2005, 20:45
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BigMike,

I really do not know of any 206III LTE events, perhaps the redesign did help. It could be that it only covered the power/gross weight increases, however.

Please do not misread me on this, I have personally recommended the 206 to at least two folks who became operators, so I have no "agenda" with it. I do believe if you nurse it in the tight spots, it will work. But I am concerned that we decide it represents a good 21st century standard, which is not what I would envision handing to my son.

The situation is so bad that the FAA has approved 412's, 212's and 430's with NO pedal margin, and NO crosswind capability, using a Cat B, 9 passengers or less approval. They undertook this based on the success they had in teaching us to nurse our aircraft, and blame ourselves when our aircraft bit us while in its normal flight envelope. That concept truly concerns me, and is not where we want our industry to go, in the future.

Some lame poster above said I "screached" too much about this, but that is because he hasn't had his helicopter kick his ass, and then have some official with the correct rubber stamp and Advisory Circular tell him it was his fault.