PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK resuming DEC interviews
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2005, 19:36
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not so sure we disagree Payscale, except perhaps that I don't believe the present policy is working. With the limited number of DEC's EK has now hired (in the range of 100?), there is a lot of dissention and unfairness already felt by F/O's and previous Captains.

This has led to an exodus of decent pilots in the past year that has never ever happened in the history of this airline.

I was simply making a suggestion of an alternate policy, which of course will take time to implement and take effect, but will at least help return this airline to its past glory.

Perhaps there really isn't a problem and my viewpoint is not valid. That is clearly the message management is attempting to send, but from every single person i've talked to on the line, their feelings seem to support my view.

I have no heartache being proven wrong if that is the case, but all i'm trying to do is offer a suggestion for improvement with regards to something that I think may destroy this airline over the next few years. I honestly hope I am wrong, as I never had any intention of leaving here once I made the move. As of this moment though, if things don't change I can't see myself flying 95 hours a month for the next 18 years. My future health and general lifestyle wishes preclude me from doing this for too many more years.