PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More madness at BA.
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2001, 12:16
bacsd

Wink

Just a couple of points about CRM training for CC at BA.I have just completed my annual SEP checks, on day 1 three hours are spent on CRM and its implications and how we as CC fit into the role.We are shown videos related to actual events and how the crew worked together F/C and C/C.It is explained to us by Pilots what actions they take regarding an emergency sittuation so that we can understand what they are doing, in particular an emergency evacuation and the procedures that the Captain and FO follow before giving the command to evacuate to ensure it is safe for us to open the doors.

However just as importantly for us, it also shows how we as C/C work together on a large aircraft and how as individuals we fit into the larger picture regarding safety.We are then given various excercises to follow as to what our actions would be in an emergency and how as a team we would work together.

Many of the comments on this forum fall into personality clashes and are not some kind of corporate culture, if I was disrespectful to my F/D collegues the Captain has every right to off load me, as I said in my previous posting , I have not in six years of being a CSD encountered any bad feeling whatsoever from any flight deck at BA, and I would be very dissapointed if people reading this thinks this is the exception and not the norm.

I am very proud of the pilots that I work with on a daily basis and putting my life in their hands shows the upmost respect I have for their role.