PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More madness at BA.
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2001, 09:30
THINALBERT

Hugmonster,

Yet again I must disagree with you.

Respect, A measure of how much respect is deserved (to use your phraseology) is the amount of responsibility carried by an individual and, in the case of an airline Captain, this is reflected in his experience, training and qualifications, and endorsed by the company in terms of salary, 4 gold bars and some shiny scrambled egg on the peak of his cap. It should not have to be "earned" from the CC. The level of professionalism that you display should confirm to the CC that the trust and respect that they show because of your position is well placed and deserved.

I dont know what your definition of "basic level of respect" is but I can only assume from your attitude that you are such an ace that you never had to work hard for your CPL (ATPL?) or that Daddy paid for it all for you.

Please, never mind the CC, Have a bit of respect yourself for your own position. Its bloody hard work over a long period of time to sit in the best seat in the house. Its bad enough having to listen to the CC stories at BA, but when one of our own starts devaluing his own position I despair.

[This message has been edited by THINALBERT (edited 02 May 2001).]