PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More madness at BA.
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2001, 02:04
Anti-ice

Arrow

I too like others have found this thread a long and depressing read, and would doubt that it has happened in many other airlines ?
I really didn't want to contribute to it , but having been referred to by my own f/d colleagues as a potentially dangerous biscuit thrower (on £30-60,000) - NOT, feel very offended by some of their remarks offered here.

I too fly at BA,and in general fly with some terrific people,whom i really enjoy going to work with - cabin and flight crew alike.

I do not feel there is an underlying feeling of disrespect for the flight crew - judging by some of the comments directed at us,the opposite seems to differ.

I think the problem stems from the minority in each community that make the whole thing difficult for everybody else.
Some of these pilot's are obviously enraged by the actions of a few 'difficult' crew and then take this out on the whole c/c community.

This forum should not be used as an opportunity for stone throwing and name calling,thats best left to a playground of 8 yr olds.
It should be used as an opportunity to find ways to re-harmonize this VERY important relationship and make good for the future .

I have flown for other airlines where there was never this problem or even any question of it - why should it be so in BA ?(!)

Please for the sake of the companies good name and the trust we need built there-in use your good sense and professionalism to make good of this.

Just for your info the majority of s/h c/c at BA are on £8,300 p.a.+meal allowance ,not the figures stated earlier . . .and . . .
we are not biscuit throwers , but tend to serve a wide range of freshly prepared meals and drinks,whilst tending to a wide range of varying needs/situations ,more often than not on a long duty day/working week. Thankyou .