PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Al-Qa'eda gets the RAF's message
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2005, 17:31
Jackonicko

Received 59 Likes on 11 Posts
Certainly.

If I were so half witted that I couldn't tell the difference between a Latino and an Arab or a Pakistani, then I'd have made absolutely sure that my suspect did not get on to a bus, and if I failed to do that then I'd certainly have prevented him going into an underground station, and if I failed to do that then I wouldn't have let him get on a tube train.

And since he was wearing clothes that could not have covered a bomb, and since he was carrying nothing more dangerous than a free paper, and since I'd been observing him for long enough to see if he had detonators concealed in his hand, I don't think I'd have felt it necessary to murder him.

And were I in command of these half wits I wouldn't have allowed all the bulls.hit about 'vaulting ticket barriers', 'big bulky jackets' and ignoring warnings to go unchallenged, and to appear to have come from official sources.

And I wouldn't have used PCs who were "far too gung ho and psychologically and physically unfit for the job", who the SAS were not allowed to fail.

Now if he had been the right ethnic profile, had he had a rucksack or a bulky jacket, had he been acting remotely suspiciously, then maybe I would agree that shooting him was the best option. But given the circumstances, it was as disgraceful a f*** up as the shooting of Waldorf was.