PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA Class 1 Medical at Gatwick
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2005, 14:09
alberto86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile JAA Class 1 Medical at Gatwick

Hello everybody
my name is Alberto, I'm italian and on november 15 I'll be at the CAA Aeromedical centre for an initial Class 1 medical.
I've received a folder with any kind of explanation from how to get there to what the visit will be like but I still have a couple of doubts so...I hope some of you more experienced pilots,who usually go to Gatwick CAA centre will give me an answer.
A sheet inside the folder says: "come ready to give a urine sample" >> well, my appointment is at 12:45 so how can I avert eating till that time? May I get a sample by myself in the early morning and then bring it to the doctor? I know this might look quite a stupid question but I don't want anything to compromise my visit!
The other question is : I already know that blood tests will consist on a finger prick to check haemoglobin and choloesterol , do you suggest me not to eat anything up to the time of my appointment or is there something I can do so that I won't faint on the way to Gatwidck :-) ? thank you very much in advance!