PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DJ Web Check-In
Thread: DJ Web Check-In
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2005, 22:42
VH-Cheer Up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally don't see how using the same CC at the kiosk to collect your boarding pass as was paid with is really a good measure of ID checking.
Course not. But then what's the difference between that kind of ID check by a system, and the human check at the counter? Big deal - your photo ID matches the name you booked with, matches your face. So what? The only thing that proves is that someone isn't trying to check in, instead of you.

Might I just remind ppruners: The murderous criminals checked in on 9/11 using their own names and photo ID with tickets they had either paid for in cash or with their own credit cards.

So, they would have passed these same checks that pax go through when they check in even now. Nothing has changed. Except they could take on their box cutters, nail files, clippers and keep their shoes on when they went through security, but current pax can't.

More to the point, what SHOULD be done by way of security checks to prevent suicidal maniacs boarding an RPT flight with intent to take all on board to a crispy fried hell?

Frankly, I'm all for detailed, long-term profiling. And that would leave me waving through Prince Andrew, and the PMs of PNG and NZ because they just don't fit the profile of a suicidal murderous zealot. Proving "nobody is exempt from our tough Australian security checks" pays only lip service to the process, and distracts the left-wing crowd from coming up with proper solutions to solve this worrying problem.

"AAA" baggage and pax screening will help eliminate the cracks being discussed in this thread.
Sounds good... What IS AAA bag/pax screening? When do we get it?

VHCU

Last edited by VH-Cheer Up; 6th Oct 2005 at 03:00.