PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what's up at Polar? (Merged again & again)
Old 5th Oct 2005, 15:20
WhaleDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MIAfr8tr,

Again, you only respond to questions you chose to with MISINFORMATION. Kinda like Polar strikers passing out BS during the strike. Crap like in LAX, and the TRO being overturned. A fact. The S. American routes were being flown by Atlas with GTI call signs, with GTI rights, long before Polar was bought for less than the cost of a good -200 freighter. A fact.

Second, no response to the six month extension/pay raise that put Polar clear of Atlas's negotiations....

Third, the actions of BF in the last hours of Atlas's negotiations. The AAWH negotiator drops the news that the Polar MEC has agreed to fly Atlas planes in spite of the agreed upon struck work rules. The Polar MEC Chair can't be found for almost an hour because he's at a picnic in ANC. This while his sister company was within two hours of release. Where was the entire Atlas MEC at the same time for Polar? In Herndon, helping finalize a strike center. Polar's current MEC is so upset with BF's actions, they put him in charge of the merger committee, and goon patrol in ANC.

Fourth, while everyone else in the free world was hauling Polars freight, the only people Polar takes pictures of and harass's are the only people that can really help them. For the most part, they DID help you. Yes, there was confusion and some mistakes. Now you threaten them with more grief.

As for the Polar CM's, 95% are good people, and great pilots and FE's. Just like at Atlas. If merged, we will get thru this and fly the planes safely, and in the long run, learn from each other. The bad news is, the history needs to be dealt with. Polar has the recent history, Atlas has the past and recent history to whine about.

I'll trade you my past and recent grief with Polar with your recent grief with Atlas? We both agree that neither airline would be worth as much without the other. Deal.....?

As for GD, he knows less about the Atlas contract than his own. I make over $800 a day, over guarantee, on my first two off days worked, more beyond that, up to four max, plus what's flown. Max....21, not 23. Agreed, not very good. There's more that GD missed, but, Nuff said.....