PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what's up at Polar? (Merged again & again)
Old 5th Oct 2005, 13:25
GreatLegs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the Sydney Polar picketers

To the Sydney Polar picketers
I am sorry to have to write to you in this anonymous way as I do not know your contact details perhaps your colleges will be kind enough to forward this to you
In your dispute with Polar Air Cargo I have seen your picketing action at YSSY and I understand its intended use in this dispute. Without getting into the legalities of the picket and from a Labor perspective I am disappointed that certain people who contract to Polar and Atlas at the airport in the ground handling area seem to have gone out of their way to actively seek to bypass your picket line even though they have nothing to gain by doing so.
Under the poor Labor environment current in Australia at this time there is little that can be done to these people other than to make a mental note of their selfishness, those who know of their actions have certainly lost any trust in them and will not forget

Make your own enquires but trust no one as your comments will certainly only be enhanced in their eagerness to report to your management

I wish you well in your negotiations and only hope it severs to set an example to the lost airline Labor movement in Australia