PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DJ Web Check-In
Thread: DJ Web Check-In
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2005, 10:21
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJ Web Check-In

Hey all.

Saw an ad in The West today touting DJ's new 'web check-in' service.

I know this has been done o/s, but a few things concern me.

1) The DG challenge is apparently answered online. I don't know how detailed their questions are but it seems perhaps people might bring things that might otherwise be spotted or asked about by check-in staff.

2.) How do they ID the person? For example, say Joe Bloggs uses web check-in. Gets itinerary and boarding pass. Mr Terrorist wants to use Joe Bloggs' boarding pass to get on the plane. How do they authenticate the identity of the person travelling as opposed to the person who 'checked-in'? Does someone check ID at the airport before they get on the plane??

3) Hand luggage & weight limits. We've all seen what people try to get away with at the airport. So does anyone else think that perhaps this may mean that pax start trying to bring even more with them, because they don't have someone telling them their bags are too big/heavy? Or again is this checked on arrival at the airport?

Thanks for answering, any comments on this positive or negative appreciated!!

Sky

PS - I think it's funny that Adelaide is classed with SYD, MEL and BNE, but I'm guessing by 'regional ports' they mean Perth!!