PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to use Carmen rostering fleetwide???
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2005, 08:02
Justbelowcap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shortfinalfred
Are you cabin crew? Seems that all you do is spread misinformation or complete lies about BA. Quite frankly most of the stuff you write is the very reason that so few real pilots bother to read Pprune any more.

At the moment most of the LH guys are constantly nudging the 900hr limit. There can be no possible increase in their output. That's the law.

Bid Line Rules are the contract of employment. They cannot simply be changed at the whim of the company.

I was talking to Paul Douglas last week and he confirms again and again that BA have no plans to replace BLR. Not sure how how he can put it any other way.

Pprune used to be a great place for pilots to swap gossip and talk shop. It was also THE place for those wanting to join the profession to get a feel for what to expect. Now all it is is a place for the bitter and twisted to vent their spleen against organisations that they are clearly not a part. I have issues with BA but they are mainly fairly small in the global over view. Here are the FACTS for those who sometimes think it is all doom and gloom.

1. Starting pay is better than it has ever been in all my 30 years in the company. Variable pay is shared equally. Unthinkable 5 years ago when the variation could be several thousand pounds a month in variable pay alone between top and bottom.

2. The pension is not as good. But that is just the way it is for pensions. That is a factor of the society we live in not BA. on the plus side you will be able to work past 55 if you so wish. Something for which many of my past colleagues would have killed.

3. BLR are the same as they always have been for the last decade and more. In fact when they were first introduced the junior pilots just did reserve. Thats all they did for year after year. The system now is 100% better. You will be able to plan your life after you get your roster and once you are 50 from the bottom you will into the nirvana of trip lines.

4. Command time will be 12 years SH and 15 years LH. That is about right and the average in my time in the airline. 10 years ago SH commands were a 20plus years. Bitter young men have short memories.

5. Flying aeroplanes is good fun. The guys you fly with are bright, quick witted and if your flightdeck hasn't got the sound of laughter in it then you are doing something wrong.