PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great Western PA31's embracing westerly's
Old 5th Oct 2005, 01:55
havachat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Observer,

In reference to what you have suggested to speak to your boss about and I quote "would you prefer your pilots to sit in turb all day or climb to 10 grand" I think you best refer to the very first entry in the discussion ie what I asked, and for you I quote "Just wondered if anyone else had noticed the Great Western Aviation rig runners punching into a good 30kts of westerly out of Brisbane most mornings whilst maintaining "Wun Zero Thowzand"? ".....

The point was that in the mornings there may be benifit in attempting to try and fly a little lower and shave a few minutes off the time. I think if you care to glance at the remainder of the reply's you may find that no one wants you to break your wings off in the bumps or get your bars coated in spew, simply work at doing the job better than you did it yesterday. Like it or not, quoted or otherwise, if you do a charter and you come in under the quoted time you make money for nothing.... Save 0.2 on every flight out and back and you will find that perhaps the miserable $100 saved each day will permit the installation of a 20yo second hand century-3 autopilot that works... then you can go back to the easy roads and flying high.... Maybe you should call your boss up and suggest that... I think his number is (38604444) . Maybe dont push the pilot-3 thing at the same time though. Peanut!