PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to use Carmen rostering fleetwide???
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2005, 22:01
ShortfinalFred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA to use Carmen rostering fleetwide!

Mole says BA have already signed a preliminary deal with the Swedish computer services company to replace BA's "bidline system" of rostering, where pilot seniority has an input into destinations and work levels, with a blanket, company-rostered 900 hours per pilot per year.

Carmen website openly boasting of massive productivity gains by airlines that have initiated it. By implication, anyone not using it is likely to be at an industry-killing disadvantage.

Tough luck on BA's longhaul commuters who fly-in for work periods. Once a company-produced roster is in place all will have to live near LHR for the flexibility the system proclaims to work. Tough luck on anyone wanting a life outside BA - the system in use at LGW for crews there just ignores any preferences until all work covered. Should be fun in longhaul as any social commitment is all but unworkable in advance. More pilot divorce to come.

"Mood music" AKA the 'change process' has already started at BA with much clever abuse of existing bidline process by mgmnt designed to force Carmen onto the agenda.

Anyone from KLM or Wideroe care to comment, the Carmen website says your productivity has soared. Got any kind of life left?

Me, I'm just a robot - I dont need a life.