PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 4th Oct 2005, 18:46
CrewChick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, having read through every single comment about your striking action/ballotting, I can only applaud you.

The airline and hospitality industry is well-known for being low paid. I get comments from passengers about us(all cabin crew) being 'Angels of the Sky' and that 'we deserve better pay' for the remarkable job that we do.

I agree.

We all knew what the money would be like when we joined whatever companies we all work for, but when there is rent to pay and for some of you, dependants to clothe and feed, a pay increase at the realistic rate of inflation wouldn't go amiss and yes, airlines do make money, even in this day and age of rising fuel prices and airports taxes etc.

I work for a LHR based airline too, I love my job, I gave up a 35k a year PA job in london to earn the £12,500 basic and about £4k extra a year in commission and flight pay.

I LOVE MY JOB!!!

We are having similar talks with our union at our airline about pay and T&C's, so I symathise and empathise with u all and support you for fighting your cause.

I'm sure you all love your jobs, so if all u VS crew go on strike outside the Queens building, a certain female (me) in my Navy Blue Uniform and hat will bring out the tea in support.

Good Luck with it all and I hope you all get the outcome that you want and deserve.

Crewchick

xxxxxx