PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More madness at BA.
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2001, 23:57
WelshCityFlyer

Thank God the pilots I work with do not have the same crap attitude towards us 'waiters/ess' at the back of the aircraft:

Whilst I agree that SOME cabin crew MAY have an attitude problem to the persons sitting in the pointed end of the A/C, do not tar us all with the same brush.

I am cabin crew, but also fly myself, and
personally do not take s**t off anyone, crew or pilots:

Also, remember that a great many of you <pilots> got where you are more by luck than judgement, (although don't jump down my throat, by no means all). As stated, I've been fortunate enough NOT to run into any of you with the above attitude, I still require 3 hands to count how many times I've been told the following, (by pilots):

1) I was luckier than you, because I was brought up in a much more affluent area
2) Daddy was rich - he paid/re-mortgaged the house, to sponsor me
3) I am more intelligent than you

(This one REALLY pi***s me off:- I personally hold 2 HNCs plus one degree, and of course, the '0' & 'A' levels that preceed them)

Just because I'm a 'waiter/ess' doesn't mean I haven't done other things - none of you know why ANY of us are doing this job, after all.

Anyway, pilots, to conclude, if any of you requested that I put on the 'crutchpiece' in the jumpseat, (remember you don't know my gender), I would happily comply. However, if any perversity was attached to such a request, you would bloody well know about it immediately - straight from the horses mouth. Who needs to report things? there are other methods....

Happy flying all...

WCF