PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - the search goes on and on and...
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2005, 09:41
pipergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the search goes on and on and...

I have been trying to figure out where i am going to get my CPL/IR done and feel like banging my head off a wall!!!

I have come to the conclusion that Florida is the way to go for my CPL and Multi rating as it's just cheaper and quicker.

The only decision that is bugging the bejesus outta me is where to go for the Multi IR..

The differences in the prices, I find amazing especially the one quoted by Multiflight

JAA Instrument Rating with CPL (50 hrs) 8980.00
For all Commercial courses-Prices exclusive of V.A.T. and unless stated exclusive of landing/approach fees, 170A Test, CAA/JAA Test Fees.
Then Leeds across the road
Full IR course packages include : all landings, all approaches, and the initial 170a test fee £10,995
Initially, I was thinking that's a great price and very competitive, but when I read into the price list a bit mor, i found out why it was much cheaper.

I just find it misleading how a school can advertise a course £2000 under the average rate and then it turns out that's only because they aren't including VAT or landing/approach fees??!?!

sorry, my head is just wrecked looking into all these different schools and that just got on my nerves