PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UASs CUT
Thread: UASs CUT
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2005, 08:47
6Z3

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
been away for a few days so well behind the drag curve, so apologies for catching up on stale posts.

Beags, you stated way back.....

"The 13GE date I confirm - as I was on 14GE and all who graduated were sent FJ (some had to hold) bar a couple (I think) who went to RW training".

Well, I too was on 14GE - and a fine bunch we were, though I can't place you from your posts. I was one of the 3 who were destined for ME at Oakington, which was closed down some weeks before our Cranwell Graduation.

The 3 of us were sent to Leeming to do a 20 hr Kill/Hack/Maim/Napalmbabiesburn/Eatrazorbladesforbreakfast/binairmanship Course, Otherwise known as the No1 Fast Jet Lead in course (there was only one course). Two of us passed and went to Valley, where I was subsequently chopped alongside hosts of other guys.

As I recall, the RAF required the same number of pilots, they just all had to be FJ; and so with no increase in P scores, shedloads of us got chopped on the Gnat. A situation very similar to what we now have approaching us under MFTS with the numbers required for SS FJ increasing.