PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Massey BAv pre-selection.
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2005, 06:58
Random-Task

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Years ago when Massey first thought up an excuse to turn this into a degree I foolishly applied, did the tests, but thankfully was warned through members of this forum about the outfit and given a list of reasons not to go so long that it makes Tommy Lee's... yeah anyway... we'll just say it was a big list. I raised my concerns with the course co-ordinator and withdrew dispite her dangling all kinds of promises infront of me to stay.

Even more foolishly I had forgotten this advice a year later and reapplied. Thankfully, having already done a whole host of pointless "multi-tasking" and "hand-eye" simulations the previous year, I only had to sit through a joke of a flight sim and written exam the 2nd time through.

The flight sim consisted of keeping the aircraft level, going up, going down, and turning. I could of done whatever I wanted to on that sim, they really wouldn't of cared. Then came the exam.. the topic? "Why Massey should accept me into the BAv course" .. Well now I thought, this sounds strange, I'm about to give these jokers well over $70k of my money and they want me to justify why they should let me? Even the fact that they had gone from the position of convincing people to stay to a position of making you work for a spot astounded me.

Least to say my essay was top knotch. I repeated the list as long as Tommy Lee as to why I shouldn't go given to me a year earlier and neatly concluded that me paying them was reason enough. The funny bit? I got a letter of acceptance a week later!

Happily withdrew from the course once more and haven't looked back since Be wise, do as much research as you can, and seriously consider investing your money elsewhere.