PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More madness at BA.
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2001, 18:22
SKYDRIFTER

COINCIDENCE?

I find it strange that a similar inverted bias has beeen in progress in the USA.

I once had a F/A seriously threaten to write up a S/O for using the obscene term 'cockpit.' Being familiar with the issue from other complaints, I reminded her that the term came from the French background, meaning 'boat servant's pit.' I was purposely unkind about advising her that her ability to distort language did not entitle her to deny anyone their infamous 'First Amendment' rights.

Another of her pals from the crew came up to advise me that I had no right to hurt her feelings. Eventually it went nowhere.

Such C/C power-trips are equally common in the USA. It strikes me odd to see an identical response by management.

Amazingly, the F/As are famous for doing things which dwarf any obscenities by pilots. While the male mindset finds most of these F/A antics as entertaining, they CANNOT be treated with equal punitive reaction by management. In short, the CC have a license to kill in the USA, also.

A female pilot once tried to make an issue out of the non-personal sexual inuendo's in the cockpit. I remeinded her that if such rendered her unable to function, an engine failure would obviously render her far more unable, and that I could do without her services as a pilot. She gracefully admitted her agreement - on second thought. I later heard her support my opinion.

The sad part, is that we get on the aircraft as professionals. These nonsensical power-trips need to be stopped by whatever means available.