PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More madness at BA.
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2001, 03:30
Skyjob

Wink

Well, having worked on both sides of the door I can understand (unfortunately?) that the attitude of some pilots on this threat actually makes sense.

Several times, I've heard comments from (former) colleagues on 'the other side' blaiming a lot of things on flightdeck crew and creating their own world behind the door in which the CC are running the operation as if they were in charge, only to talk to flightdeck regarding drinks and meals (sometimes ofered to them spiked!) if already at all. Flightsafety matters are not handled accurately because of this and safety is at jeopardy. For instance, what is the use of telling flightdeck after disembarkation that a few passengers were caught smoking several times in the aft toilets and were reprimanded by CC in due course, however no action was thought to have been required, hence flightcrew was not told of the incident...

However, recently I have also heard on numerous occasions flightcrew (usually my colleague in the LHS) announcing their disgust of CC in general. Statements like "I will only tell them anything which is absolutely nescessary" and "I do not care what happens behind that door" are only some of the nicely put phrases towards them.

Why is this difference while sharing a common place of work. Is that door so thick we can not see through it any more?

I respect the CC for what they are and what they do, I wouldn't ever dream of going back there myself, however the same goes for the work I am trying to do with my colleagues up front. And I can only hope that the attitude of some CC changes for the better so they understand this as well. This also goes for several flightdeck members, btw.