PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Nigeria (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2005, 12:08
Oyindo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SN
I do hope you are not riddled with holes by now. I do wish I could put a few in myself.
As it has been said by fellow prunners like Shinobi and others, the whole package is below industry standards. You say ``the flight pay and allowances put them ahead’’ That simply is not true. It would not be fair on VK to post what’s on offer on this forum. Let’s preserve her modesty.
Judging from your previous posts on VK you have a great deal of knowledge into the back ground and its operations which I commend but not the remuneration part of it. I suggest you get a shovel out and start digging; you sure will get a big surprise. I have no hidden agenda all I want is the very best for VK and my country. VK should not be compared to other domestic carriers it should be the other way round. It’s our FLAG carrier for goodness sake.
I do agree that the UK is more expensive place to live in than Nigeria. You can’t compare the quality of living between the two places. Things (like basic amenities) you take for granted where you live are a luxury for us here and it costs, everyone is affected by this, be you an expatriate or local. We are not talking of carvings from Lekki market or Takwa bay where the expatriate will obviously pay more. I believe we should all expect a certain quality/standard of living you can’t achieve that on low wages.