PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CEO states at least 375 to go
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2005, 11:47
MKDC8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WW's cull

Well I hope WW cull includes everyone and not those that are vunerable targets, the ramp workers, the check-in girls etc.

The cull needs to attack those still swaning around on the "holiday camp attitude", managers of all levels, including higher up the perverbial BA tree, those still sitting in your air-conditioned offices, pulling a cosy salary doing short hours and not really having to be in that postition, a position created to help out an overworked BA manager, as yet not come across one of them.

I would love to see you guys in suits and WW himself, don his PPE and get in the holds lobbing out heavy bags of luggage, getting on the hylos in all weathers, and generally getting a pain in his back for doing real work, real manual work that with out these/us guys, you drivers and assorted managers would not be pulling heavy salaries and living of the fat profits made by the airline.

So before all you drivers think your jobs are safe, perhaps they are not, perhaps WW should streamline all operations ex LHR, LGW has suffered badly in the past and no doubt the hatchet will fall down there again.

I am not against making the airline more profitable, but as long as the cull hits the office fraternity those in their glass towers aswell.

So before you drivers and high ranking managers jump on us menials and supress us even more, think on the next time to park you plane on a stand, how are you going to get depart, as yet I have not seen a 747/777 or likes reverse off of the stand, so if we are not there, perhaps one of you lot will have to shimmy down the ladder into the nosewheel well and push the plane out and clamber back up to your seat and clear off to the blue yonder.

Outscouring is all well and good, does it save the company money, if it does, then how does it affect the creditability of the airline, perhaps WW has not heard of TUPE, if BA outscrourse the Ramp to another handling company, union agreements say that the staff affected can be TUPE'd over to the new handling company on the original wages earnt whilst they were working at BA, where is the logic in that, it needs more thought than the normal channels of culls this time round !

Unless there is a dirty tricks campaign looming up in the shadows ofcourse !