PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what's up at Polar? (Merged again & again)
Old 2nd Oct 2005, 15:59
Captain Airclues
Just another number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wino

I'm getting a little confused (nothing new!). If the Polar strikers didn't mind if their freight was moved then why did Heilhaavir write on 9/18, "The only support we have asked for is not to fly "struck" freight, and so far Fedex, NWA, UAL, Kittyhawk, and Gemini have agreed to it (Atlas as well)"? Why did the union go to court to try to prevent the stuck freight from being moved? If the arguement is only against Polar management, then why are the strikers actively picketing Atlas crews? These are honest questions to which I would appreciate a logical answer. I have absolutely nothing to gain or lose from this sad dispute.
Just like when you go to war, not only do you have to ensure that there is a good chance of victory but you have to make sure that there is something left at the end. I have met many Polar crews downroute and they are great people, but I fear that there might be hard times ahead. I'm not sure whether that is being spineless or realistic.

Airclues