PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving?
Thread: Leaving?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2005, 12:28
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I left 2 years ago, SNCO under PVR scheme after 28 years service. Received a written job offer on 18 Apr 03 for a start date of 28 Aug 03. PVR submitted 19 Apr 03, I got the usual party line from PSF via telecom with Innsworth. No chance, 12 months minimum etc etc. The secret with the PVR paperwork is to ensure that PSF stamp the front page of the form prior to your taking it away for your boss to peruse. Due to a number of minor problems the form was not sent off Stn until 17 May 03, but the original stamp date was honoured.

You then have to present a good case as to why you should be allowed to leave early (in service writing format because it goes to 1 * level and possibly beyond) and every case is different and treated to its needs. You MUST keep your desk officer on side at all times or you have no chance!!!

I was successful, last day in uniform 30 Jun 03 with an exit date of 30 Sep 03. I did get some initial aggro from the resettlement jobs worth about working whilst on leave but what they don’t know officially doesn’t hurt!!