PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what's up at Polar? (Merged again & again)
Old 2nd Oct 2005, 11:53
miafr8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Captain" Airclues,

You lose a certain credibility by being rude.
You sir, lose much more credibility when you dont know what you're talking about, but profess to.

For someone who never worked at Atlas, you sure sound quite protective of them. Is it the cool paint job?

With Atlas having a base in Stanstead, you should be quite offended by them flying YOUR freight for far less money than you earn... Doesnt that bug you that a U.S. airline has crews and aircraft based in Europe?

I suspect you do not and never have worked for a U.S. Part 121 carrier. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm mistaken. If I am, I sincerely apologize.

Having said that, my question to you is how you have a CLUE as to how the RLA (Oh, that's the "Railway Labor Act", it's the rule book on how airline labor contracts are negotiated) works?

The "Struck Freight Rules" were ratified by ALPA and it is a legal document. It was set aside TEMPOARILY by a judge until both labor and management can file breifs arguing the validity of them. That will be heard by a judge on October, 5.

A picket line is considered legal and valid after it is recognized by ALPA and proper permits from local government have been secured.

Hotels are being picketed because, although training locations and airport operation centers are picketed and are considered struck, Atlas pilots are allowing themselves to be taken AROUND the area(s) we have permits for picketing and are still accessing the picketed locations. Their spines have taken on a jelly-like texture. But their SCABING over quite nicely...

WhaleDriver,

Atlas actually IS moving polar freight. A picture says a thousands words....

Last edited by miafr8r; 2nd Oct 2005 at 12:10.