PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan 767
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2005, 17:11
nef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Presumably "further away than STN" means continental Europe? I think they'll have their hands more than full with EZY and FR at STN without trying to start any other new bases, particularly if they are abroad.

A 1st Nov start for STN-EWR does seem very early, particularly as I would guess they're going to be offereing a high-freq. lo-co tx service that's never really been done before. Whether it will work remains to be seen. If they are flying to NY, I'm kind of glad if it is STN and not GLA/EDI, as I would rather have CO than GSM! (and I'm not sure there's room for both). Hopefully GSM will start some sched. Florida flights from Scotland next summer.

Having said that, they do seem to have taken their eye off the ball in Scotland as we have seen no new routes for a while and one gets the impression that their route development activities will be focussed on STN for a while yet Nevertheless, they still offer a better Int. service from Scotland than EZY, who don't even seem to be replacing the soon to be ditched GLA-AMS run with another route The rumours that were floating around 2-3 months ago regarding EZY Scottish expansion also seem to have gone cold.