PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is contaminated bleed air harmful? YES...
Old 1st Oct 2005, 08:14
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M1O14

I am perfectly chilled, thank you. It is all the "believers" who are getting hot under the collar.

The precis for the book you have linked to makes no mention of OP or any other cabin contaminants.

US$2 million is peanuts and is highly unlikely to come up with any new information.

In my airline, folks are allowed to speak up (unlike the where you live, it seems), and frequently do. I have done so myself on several occasions.

folk want paid as well.
Exactly, that is what this is really all about. Put your hand back in your pocket.

cabincrew47

You should really try reading this stuff before you quote it. Let me help you out:

"Hazards Identification. Effects of overexposure: This product is not expected to produce these effects under normal conditions of use and appropriate personal hygiene practices.
The only risks identified in the MSDS for the product are prolonged skin contact, swallowing, and prolonged and repeated breathing of the mist. The mist referred to is that of the raw product, not in it's pyrolised form. The concentrations required to suffer harm (as identified in the MSDS) are many orders higher than anything you will experience in a 146 or whatever.

Quoting an MSDS out of context indicates just how little you know about the issues involved.