PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS/Braathens piloter
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2005, 20:30
Ramrise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Reality check

Hi Empati,

The preference of many SAS pilots was to let BU die and go away. Had that happened we wouldn't be having these problems. And some of my former colleagues would still be employed. Anyway, politics intervened and BU was bought by SAS. We now have to deal with it as best we can. The integration has ground to a halt and it will not move as long as the situation is not resolved. What can resolve it??

Quite frankly, not very much. We will be the pilot group that SAS negotiates with. Please try to understand this and what it means to us. We are close to 2000 pilots and therefore carry alot of strength. We use this, for the time being, to push the company towards profitability. Why? We want the company to succeed as we depend on it. And it depends on us. We will not let anybody come between us and SAS as it will dilute our position and give the company what they really want. Choice!!! They want more than one horse to run for them. We have to stand united as it is the only way to counter SAS in the long run. So, there will only be one contract in the future. This is, believe me, inevitable!! We cannot have it any other way.

I predict, and I may be wrong, that things will go our way shortly. Why?? Because SAS needs for things to go our way. Think about it for a second. Who would you rather fight?? Or, more constructively, who can help you the most?? The bigger group of course.

I am afraid this has become a question of emotion. Other earlier takeovers have resulted in seniority losses of 5 years, 8 years or all of it. It is not unusual. The offer was 5 years in this case. I am afraid that this offer, before too long, will seem like a good offer and that alot of BU guys will have regrets.

We are not out to screw anybody over. This is a business transaction, pure and simple. When the price is paid there will be no restrictions with regards to longhaul, as far as I am concerned. Pay and you are in. And thereby helping to strengthen the only group with representation.

regards,

Ramrise