PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground School Exam Questions & Question Banks
Old 30th Sep 2005, 15:57
Hobgoblin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether these are the actual question banks or not is immaterial. Anyone who thinks that he can just cram these question banks and expect to pass all 14 subjects is in for a rude awakening. I studied my backside off for Meteorology and did all the feedback questions I could find.

Did I receive one single question I had ever seen? Did I f£$%^*!

The question banks did help in showing me the areas that needed work and after brushing those up I nailed the sucker.

Also, I have seen a guy show up for a Comm flight test all kitted up and ready to go fly with the aeroplane parked out front. Examiner shows up with a face like someone just stole his lunch money, doesn't even say good morning (very bad form in my opinion) and then proceeds to grill the poor little guy for two hours on everything he could think of. When the unfortunate guy walked out of the office he was in tears.

Never even got into the aircraft .

Imagine how good he would have felt had he shown that examiner up for the small minded little person that he is by acing every single question this guy could ask. Instead he had to go through it all again. (For his sake I hope with a a different examiner)

Make sure you know what you are talking about. Any interview board will ask you questions and while they will not try to shoot you down in flames, they will try to find out whether you are worth the bother or if you are one of those that they have to retrain every Monday morning!