PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what's up at Polar? (Merged again & again)
Old 30th Sep 2005, 14:15
blackbaron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am totally bewildered by some of the logic I have heard here.
This thing is playing out like a bad soap opera, but I know that every AAWH move has been calculated and thought out like a surgeon performing an operation and it definetly helps if you have friends in D.C. which is totally obvious. I dont know the resources that "NATIONAL" has given Polar but if this thing goes down in flames, ALPA will again be the butt of CEO jokes i.e. Emery, TWA. but it was set up (Polar/Atlas) to cause decension among the employees, both groups have felt they brought the "steak" to the dinner table. Atlas has been a shell of itself since Chowdry died (ie "Most Financially Fit Airline" BBJ'in around to drum up business), Polar has been a "rudderless ship" because of the failures of management in all cases (Wallace, GECAS, AAWWH)but the one thing that has happened in both cases is management has gotten rich and the crews have remained underpaid and overworked. All I can say is guys the picture that is playing out is bigger than Polar/Atlas, the fighting is all calculated, the transferring of planes, loss of jobs, baiting with A380's, crewmembers calling for the ousting of their MEC but the one thing they did not count on is the little boys and girls putting their differences aside and standing together (if only in SPIRIT!!). Whether the strategies employed by Polar against Atlas are right or wrong, it needs to end on the personal level and the "generals" need to bring solidarity back to the group ASAP!!! the guy u call a scab today could be ur sim checker tomorrow(remember there is a proposed merger after the contract is settled and then the REAL FIGHT begins
Polar!!! Atlas!!! in the words of a famous guy that got his ass kicked by the LAPD "CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!
P.S. ALL OF YOUR JOBS ARE AT STAKE, TAKE A STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE.
Good Luck My Fellow Aviators