PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground School Exam Questions & Question Banks
Old 30th Sep 2005, 12:22
Mercenary Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger ATPL Question Banks

I just noticed that there are now at least 3 ATPL ground schools offering an online question bank for a small fee, there are also a number of schools who hand out the question bank on CD to their students.

Now what I find interesting is, after a conversation with one of the head men from the CAA, the fact that they said that they would prosecute (Through JAA/EASA) anybody found to be distributing the question bank. However, they blatantly don’t seem to be doing this

Now, I do think that the ATPL's have become a total joke, however I don’t have a problem with these online question banks because it puts all students on an equal footing.

Getting to the point... If the exam system is turning into an FAA style memory quiz, why should students be forced to pay for 14 exams? The FAA ATPL written costs approx £50 the JAA £750+!

Another interesting point, the CAA now make it a mandatory requirement for applicants for the CPL & IR skill tests to be given a small verbal exam before the FT can take place. Why? because CAAFU examiners were complaining that applicants lacked sound theoretical knowledge