PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 30th Sep 2005, 11:50
LaMostyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can i just say to everyone out there...keep up all the good work, join the union and lets get a better deal for all us guys and galls in the sky and if we end up strikeing...i will be outside queens building with the tea and biscuits for all!!

And if anyone out there 'real world' has no constuctive comments apart from 'just leave' then dont bother to say anything. I take on all coments but calling us muppets is just pathetic and 'saftey just goes in the bin' is the biggest load of rubbish i have ever heard.
Safty really went in the bin when Jetblue A320 made a emergency landing and every one got off fine thinks to the calm and organised crew. Or when a medical emergengy happens on board and we have to do CPR for half a hour to save a mans life.We really do do nothing on board. Yeah right!!

Lets be recognised for what we are trained in and what situations we have to handle...its not just chicken or beef, tea or coffee. And if real world is ex crew, he or she will remember being trained in how to handle a disruptive pax, childbirth, medical emergency, fire fighting and knowing how to handle every sitution that could occur on board, as well as remebering where all equipment is located on board three differnet aircraft just in case any thing does happen Remember? Six hard weeks of training, resiting exams every year . And belive me all this training does get used more than what you know.... Its all part of the job and we need this to be represented in the pay. So REAL WORLD sit and remeber what it was really like and then make comment.

Finally,I love my job, and i enjoy working for thr company and yes there are perks (Staff Travel), seeing the wounderfull places and yes...sitting on a beach but like some one else on this forum said, virgin have certain priorites wrong and we need to help sort them out.

So construtive comments please. Or just dont bother and let make a better comapny for all!!!!