PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what's up at Polar? (Merged again & again)
Old 29th Sep 2005, 19:23
grazydedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when the a gm motor plant goes on strike, picketers post themselves on the front door, and the whole site is considered struck. have you ever seen the size of those plants???
if you have the permit, one single picketer can struck one factori or work site . ( have you ever seen a picketed construction site? I have seen one where there was just one guy, the whole site was struck and no metal worker went in at the kci airport outskrts).

if they don't have the permit to conduct a picket they can't do it ( or they can but is meaningless and will get fined). but if they have they can. I don't know about the hotel, I'm pretty certain that since it is a neutral party on this conflict, picketing there, other than for informational purposes has no meaning at all.
I don't see the support for this strike wanning, quite the contrary, but if picketers at ANC are missbehaving the way you said, you shoud contact the strike center, your mec and national with your concerns, intead of just getting angry and do what goodbyepolar( i meant cato) wants you too.

personally, if we suvive I wil be happy sitting at home without pay when you guys go on strike. but then again I might have a better understanding of what is a stake here and what will be astake when you guys walk out.