PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mil/Civ Operations
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2005, 15:55
c172flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mil v civil

This is my first post. I take it many of you are mil atc. Its interesting to read what you say but as a civil pilot with a 172 I try to avoid talking to mil wherever possible. Just in my experience they make life harder not easier. eg a few months back between daventry and cpt vor's i was talking to the local mil. Claggy weather meant I elected to climb into IMC rather than be down with the vfr traffic in poor conditions. Thought it best to get a ras. Big mistake. In imc the atc got me to turn right 90 deg and ended up norwest of Oxford. Then he let me go, too busy, continue own nav, fis service !! i had to turn 180 deg to get back on track. Later he instructed me to remain clear of Benson MATZ..I thought the matz was not mandatory these days? I complied but was getting annoyed at this stage. On several other trips they ask if I want "clearance" through the MATZ. The point is I dont need clearance. I am happy to tell them I am coming through but i feel they constantly overstep the mark.
What do you pro's think?