PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what do ya think about my training
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2005, 09:20
fab01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot for your replies.

khaosanroad
I only want to say that a job as First officer is my dream since my youngest age. For the market situation, i think i won't have many problems because i'd like to work for MDG company and they need about 96 Commandant/FO only for international flights. I'm citizen there. Actually MDG employs a lot of expat and they're looking for national pilots (less expensive). Accroding to me MDG is like a starting bloc. After few years, i will have signifiant experience i could apply for others companies.
For the 'fongecif' i'm afraid i couldn't do that because i live in France but i work abroad. I live near the frontier.
For my house, i have to sell it because my house is so far away from my work.
I'm interested by learning distance because i can work at the same time.
Don't worry , I'm not focused by AF. There's also another great companies MK airlines, Emirates, others....
Of course, there are excellent flight schools in France (EPAG, ESMA, EAF - CESA) but i'm realistic and if you're not cadets nor ENAC you won't never find jobs in France especially if you're a rookie. Actually there are about 1800 pilots in France who are seeking for a job.
So if you're looking for a job abroad, you must be fluent. That's the reason why i'm interested in UK ATPL.

The question is "Should i do an UK ATPL in States in approved UK FTO hoping that laws (especially the DGAC ) will change in the five years for conversion " or "Should i do a french ATPL and coming back to US or UK" to improve my english skills.
The laws might be 'easily' turned because with my UK ATPL CPL/IR, if i go for example in MALTA or LITUANIA or LUXEMBOURG, they'll give me a licence where there is no mention of the training FTO. It is just written on IT UK ATPL UK CPL UK IR. After that, i come back in France and ask for a conversion.

I think i would waste my time because i have to stay in UK /US at least 6 months to improve my langauge skills.

Hi Send Clowns
I think, you're right. Then if i do a full-time groundschool, how many mouths should i expect to achieve this training ?
Could you tell me more about you Job / company / accomodation / fees / others ? As PPrune is just a forum and not dedicated for advertising, you can MP me.
Thanks a lot

See you later guys !!
(what do you think about my writting english ?)