PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Expats - would you go home (with poll)
Old 29th Sep 2005, 01:02
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok a couple of things DD. Unlike you when I left, I was told by the Centre manager at the time, and the then FIR manager (now HATCO), that if I ever want to come back, to circumvent HR, and go straight to them and I would be welcomed back. I guess I was loyal enough.

Secondly, the whole training bond idea is an absolute joke, because noone will employ you overseas with less than 5 years experience anyway.

Finally, I'll say again, I am not wanting to "cherry pick", the good jobs, and I for one am not calling TOPS or Oceanic, "**** Jobs", as I have worked the old big board full procedural, and it is a hell of a job. I was just saying that having done full on radar sequencing in a very tight, confined airspace for all this time, I would have thought the best use of those skills would be to be placed on a busy arrivals group, or (shock, horror!) maybe even TMA.

Bottom line (so I can finish this argument up and let you get back to fishing stories, cos we are all glued to the screen with fascination), and getting back to the original question, what it would take me to go back is,

1. A level of pay consistent with my level of experience as an ATC'er.
2. A posting that recognises and uses my abilities and experience as an ATC'er.

Nothing more, nothing less.