PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sending REA-messages to CFMU
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2005, 20:57
jangler909

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Here are a few more questions to clarify things. A following message arrived today:

-TITLE SAM
-ARCID <callsign>
-IFPLID AA51782718
-ADEP <xxxx>
-ADES <xxxx>
-EOBD 050928
-EOBT 1115
-CTOT 1124
-REGUL <xxxxxxx>
-TAXITIME 0005
-REGCAUSE GA 87

When the aircraft requested start-up and REA, I sent the following message at exactly 11:11:45(sec):

-TITLE REA
-ARCID <callsign>
-ADEP <xxxx>
-ADES <xxxx>
-EOBD 050928
-EOBT 1112
-MINLINEUP 0003

On the next minute we got an improvement as follows:

-TITLE SRM
-ARCID <callsign>
-IFPLID AA51782718
-ADEP <xxxx>
-ADES <xxxx>
-EOBD 050928
-EOBT 1111
-IOBT 1115
-NEWCTOT 1117
-REGUL <xxxxxxx>
-TAXITIME 0005
-REGCAUSE GA 87

Later I had another case with exactly similar results.

Ok prospero, you said:

"When the REA is filed before the EOBT, the flight is considered as having a new EOBT at this filing time and the Minlineup as the revised taxi time."
It truly seemed as the new EOBT was the filing time of the REA, and NOT the new EOBT time entered by me. Also the taxitime did not get any revision (is 0005 a minimum?) Under these circumstances, why on earth do we have to enter an EOBT and not just simply send a REA with nothing more than ARCID, ADEP and ADES. If she is ready right now, then she is! Also a colleague told he regularly removes the entire EOBD -line and receives SRM:s normally. The need for it seems a bit unclear, because how could anyone assume a flight planned for tomorrow (in case of RPL) would be ready for departure NOW .

My common sense says that the EOBT should be the original and planned EOBT so that the CFMU's state-of-the-art computer would detect the correct flight plan. There could always be the same callsign flying the same route many times a day!

2. Is sending REA after the original EOBT complete waste of time, as the system has already given a CTOT based on that time?
No it's the best way (See my original reply)
What difference does it ultimately make? You are already trying to improve the CTOT (or not?). I don't get the point...