PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Expats - would you go home (with poll)
Old 28th Sep 2005, 20:44
divingduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee I seemed to hit the “bitter little person” pretty well didn’t I?
I haven’t rabbited on about loyalty, after all, I left probably before you joined after your 5 extraordinary jobs.
BTW I had worked in this industry in Oz in 2 jobs…in 6 different places, not that that matters one way or the other.
Ohhh I forgot, I used to have a paper round and work on a farm and was a clerk too…BFD!
But then pulling pints and working as a “bouncer” really assists in the field of ATC I guess?
Try listening to your rants yourself…you seem to play the man as soon as someone has the temerity to disagree with your point of view. Perhaps a clue to a past career, or perhaps why you have had 5 different ones?
As if anyone would actually care who you are?
My mentioning of the time I served in OZ, was purely to show that I had actually “done my time” and was not one of those that does half a dogwatch (which was the snipe anyway, it doesn’t seem that you had done a full one) starts bitching and moaning and then goes somewhere else to do the same thing.
As TT said, when we all left Oz back in the dim dark past, we were told that we would never be reemployed by AsA again…we left with that in mind, and still went.
Do you see any of us making any mention of how busy we are, how much experience we have and that IF, we ever go back to Oz, we should be able to cherry pick where we go?
Clearly not.
Actually AsA would be showing a bit of loyalty to their staff by putting returnees into the sh!t jobs in TOPS and Ocean etc, what I want to know is why do you think the training bond is a bad idea?
If you work for an airline and they pay for your training/endorsement, you are usually bonded to them until such time as they determine you have paid their investment back.
Anyway enough of this BLP. Perhaps he can go onto a 6th career and leave the rest of us alone?
TT thanks for the good wishes, had a beer with the “skippy” in the unit. Charlie says to say hi. Had a good time for a couple of days, moule Provencale and blonde German beer, under the poplars, next to the Notre Dame…ahh, then back here L
Tweety, edit your post…don’t say “I” unless you want people to know who you are!!!

DP…haven’t caught any fish worth mentioning for bl00dy ages, so no decent photos!! Now that I’m back I’ll give the tuna a bit of a tickle up. Someone nailed a 150kg black marlin here the other day….that would look good on the wall!
But I do have a new digital camera and housing for underwater work, so I’lll play with that too.
Euronator…
They won’t wear Oz as a point of hire( still we can see what we can see)…but first class train tickets through Turkey can’t be cheap!!
Fox3..you know you don’t want to be in Oz…admit it, you are only 4 hours from Cyclones Disco in MCT.

Wyverns...how the hell are you old mate?
Be nice or I'll post the photos of you halfway up a jebel for all to see how unfit you are!