PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WJA vs. HMY
Thread: WJA vs. HMY
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2005, 04:55
toast.ca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, Haven't been on the forum for awhile.

ExtremeP, it seems you got your back up for some reason. here's my reasoning......

SAW mentioned he was concerned that the high price of fuel would affect WJA's charter flying, as people tighten their belts while sitting at the pump paying 1$ a litre and opening their home heating bill. Luckily old Ralph has come to the rescue here in Alberta but the rest of the country is SOL, sure glad I'm not out east anymore with an oil fired furnace !!
I had surmised that such a reduction in demand for sunny holidays, if it indeed does come to that, would affect HMY more than WestJet because besides charters we have an extablished domestic network which generates revenue! HMY does not. Also our charter flying is less risky as the planes are basically wet leased and the contract includes a buffer for spiked in fuel prices. Who sells the seats on HMY's flights to LAS, PSP, HNL etc? HMY? Travel Agents? Where's the risk?

Pretty simple really, I'm no expert maybe our domestic network will turn out to be our achilles heel. I honestly hope we all prosper, keep flying and making money. I personally wouldn't leave WJA at this point in time, for AC, HMY, or Canjet. Which I think was the original question.

Anyway I think this thread is dead, buddy found his answer...........