PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Crisis
Thread: Monarch Crisis
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2005, 17:26
DOORPOST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MANTHRUST

Ooh, MANTHRUST, did I hit a raw nerve!

I Think you'll find that I'm fairly accurate, most of the CC being on top increments and B scale, yes there are others that are not.
Yes, I'm aware that it is voluntary, I have served on CCs before but if there not doing there job, or doing it for there own benefit, ie not rocking the boat so as they get widebody commands, then they don't deserve praise. As I mentioned earlier, being in the position they're in they need to be unbiased in their representation of their colleague on the bottom of the seniority list as well as someone close to retirement!!
The fact is things need to be done to stop the management intimidation.
I would agree that this is not the place in open forum but especially as was highlighted to me recently by new joiners, they were not aware of the complete picture before they joined. I myself have not got long to go but to colleague with 10-20 years to go, young family etc I would look elsewhere with better T&C's. Even not being part of our Final salary scheme, it is not the only issue and will inevitably be drawn into the dispute.
Pre P Brown it was a completely different company, one which those wishing to join the Charter Sector would aspire, no longer I fear.