PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do you know your cholesterol level?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2005, 16:35
flyingbee

Buzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave Gittins, thank you for your response. I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear in my previous post, I was simply asking a question, trying to find out if what I had been told was correct, rather than give uninformed, non-medical opinions. I asked if anybody knew if the statemate was true because it was something I had been told and I wasn't sure about it.

The background of me hearing it is that my father has very highcholesterol, apparently non-diet related, and is trying to get it down because he's been warned he has a high heart attack risk. My father's cholesterol caused my sister to be concerned about hers and she went to her GP asking for a test. The GP told her about it only being a problem in combination with high bp, took her bp which was fine, and said that a cholesterol test was therefore unnecessary and wouldn't do one. The GP's response really surprised me, because I thought fatty deposits in the cardio vascular system were something to be very careful about regardless of bp. Hence me questioning the response.