PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career Instructors
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2001, 14:11
Highbypass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

CFI, hi again.
I began instructing as a "career instructor". I had every intention of living the family life with the flexible hours that a life of instructing has to offer. I have always loved teaching. I have been in the teaching game in another field since I was 15 years of age. The transition to aviation was a smooth one. I can quite honestly say that teaching is a passion of mine. I was told early on that even if I don't mind instructing I will find it frustrating and boring within 12 months. I have been instructing now for 18 months, I am 5 hours off a grade II, and I have loved every minute of instructing. I've found it very rewarding and satisfying. And when you say that money ($$$) doesn't make you happy, that's true. Very true. However, it does pay the bills. The bills that are totally obscuring my fridge door!!! LOL

I'd love to find employment with one of these flying schools that have airline training contracts. Can you please post/e-mail me any info you may have on them? And can you confirm that they only usually take on as instructors the pilots that they train themselves, because that's what i've heard. Also, are the instructors at these places on a wage, or do they lose out when we have crappy weather? (As has happened to me in the last few months.)

Cheers..........................H.

[ 14 December 2001: Message edited by: Highbypass ]