PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF94, You just don't get it: or MAESTRO and the "Mates Rates" button.
Old 27th Sep 2005, 15:28
Roger Standby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VH-ABC,

My apologies if I offended. I love the way you guys fly your aircraft. I would love to see the world from the angle you guys do with cancel speed, no height requirement!

Back to the Maestro thing. I'll try to be more specific. Once the ETA-FF is set in place (that is the time that we think the aircraft will cross the fix untouched- all aircraft are checked and the times modified if maestro has suggested the wrong time, which is usually) it does not change. Regardless of the TAS in the flight plan, we recheck the time and enter ourselves and it stays fixed. Maestro then sorts the order it wants the planes in based on these times AND system data which the flow has determined offline for each aircraft type and the time it takes that type to reach the field from that particular fix.

The time from the fix to the field is not determined by TAS, but by data locked into the syestem which the flow ammends every now and then on a data upgrade.

Certainly times at the fix do change constantly and are a pain in the a$$, but we fix the initial estimates and maestro cannot change them unless reconfigured.

R-S.