PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2005, 12:57
picu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUOTE - By the way that does not include the 700 kgs of fuel that the fms keeps in the route reserve.

Just a side note, with no intention of critisizing (spelling?!) at all. The fuel figure in the FMS prediction page for Reserve, should be input as a percentage not a hard figure (as the uplink loads it.) Hence as the flight gets nearer destination, the reserve fuel remaining unburnt would transfer (figuratively) to the EXTRA figure and the real holding potential is then shown to the crew. Minimum reserve fuel amounts are for dispatch/planning purposes only.

I've noticed that there seems to be a lot of infighting going on in these forums nowadays. Pilots versus cabin crew in other forums and now pilots versus Canadian pilots. I think this is a huge shame. The last thing we want is friction at work because some d***head posts ridiculous comments on these forums about his/her colleagues and then the rest of the group are branded in the same manner. The Canadians are a great bunch of people to work with, and before anyone asks, I'm European.

Crazy Canuck, would strongly recommend you find a new identity on PPrune !!!!

4HP, how difficult would it be to introduce a spell checker on this website??!!!!

Virtually impossible - if appearances are important then cut & paste your submission to something like Word to verify the spelling. Generally speaking there is no requirement to have perfect spelling on this site - as in other forums, what is greatly appreciated is the use of capital’s, where appropriate, the avoidance of using all capital's (shouting) as well as the avoidance of making posts in SMS fashion, using abbreviated spelling. School's out - carry on. 4HP

Last edited by 4HolerPoler; 27th Sep 2005 at 14:21.