PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what do ya think about my training
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2005, 12:45
fab01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry i made a mistake and submit the post too soon.
According to a FI that i saw last week, he said it possible to achive my PPL in two months.
I would begin the training in the early november and achieve it in the late decembre (I think i would be a nice santa claus's gift
)
After my PPL
1/ I'll do a distant atpl learning (for example BGS which is knows as bristol GS because of positives answers about this school). I will permit me to save money and have some 'cash intrance' at the same time.
Between 12:00 AM and 2:00 PM, i could have at least about 1 hour to study my ATPL th. At home i could easily have between 1:30 and 2:00 to study. During week ends, i could work about 4 hours a day do you think i could be done in 8 months ?
Who has done it in the 'fewest' time ?
2/ After obtaining the ATPL, i would go to states to continue training because i must log about 200 Hours before to beginning the CPL training in UK
3/ After CPL training, i will do IR and MCC training in UK.
I'm sure your are wondering why i wouldn't directly go to states to achieve my training.
It is for different reasons
- I don't have a GC so i'm not interested by FAA .
- According to me, most of countries would prefer A JAA licence. For example, in autsralia, most of indian ocean's countries, Vietnam JAA is most required.
- My mothers tongue is French but one knows that Fluent english is required when ou are Commandant or First officer. So i'm interested in JAA UK licence even if i'm a donkey in english language.
- At last, I couldn't do training in US because
DGAC aren't agree with the fact that ground school was done in JAR country. The training and practise must be done in the same country and US is not a JAR country even if Naples is an approved FTO. The conversion depends on internal politic of the country.
- In the future, i 'll need a French JAA licence because after a unfrozen ATPL, i think i'll come back in France (poastulate for AF as professional after 1500h). So i can't do groundschool and CPL in the states . May be i'll never come back in France, may be an FAA licence will be recognized by JAA states in the last 5 years, may be i'll win a GC. But i'd prefer to follow actual rules.

What about that ?
Many thanks for your replies if it's worth or not, about schools, about CPL/IR. All comments are welcome.
See you later

PS: I'm married and have children so if i have to go to states, it's better to spend the lowest time there.

Sorry, this subject is quite redundant.