PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky FireHawk
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2005, 10:55
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotormatic and SASless,

You started this stuff the last time Firehawk was discussed, and you were told you were wrong then, too. I guess your selective memory only remembers what it wants to, huh?

The engines on the Firehawk are just fine, thank you. They are part of the TAP package.

Oogle, the aircraft is certified as Restricted catagory, as it is not FAA certified to a normal catagory. It is operated by LA County, who are public use, and therefore need no certificate at all, anyway. They operate it under its flight manual, of course.

The sensitivity that SASless and rotormatic show is the jealosy that some operators have when public entities assume tasks that they think they can charge for. They do not want to have cities, counties or states operate, rather they want to have contracts to do that work.
Most US cities have police and fire professionals who are publicl employees. Having a county owned fire/rescue helicopter is just like that, but not good enough for rotormatic or SASless, whose jealousy shines through in their posts.

My son flys a government-owned Army helicopter in Iraq. Why don't you bid on that job, guys? I don't hear you grubbing for that contract. Give LA County a break, they are doing a tough job.

Last edited by NickLappos; 27th Sep 2005 at 20:32.