PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generous BA ?
Thread: Generous BA ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2005, 09:45
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh, the grass is always greener thread

I was always under the opinion, which turned out to be true, that there was so little time available at Braincrank that lunch should be brought and eaten when time was available.

I also found that the very frank, realistic and forthright discussion between all members of the interview team and the candidates, which also took place during the lunch break, very informative and useful. This also included a full breakdown as to the demise of the final salary pension scheme and the increase in the annual flying rate. They did not try to rosy the picture or cover up what were effectively diminishing T's & C's.

The upshot of all of this is quite simple, just about every airline gets a bashing on Pprune, with the noteable exception of Virgin. They do, however, require a much greater jet/heavy experience than most other airlines due to operating, at the moment, only long haul. This prevents alot of pilots from getting in. Look back a little way to the panacea that used to be Emirates, now the T's & C's are also down the pan. I come from a helicopter background and, trust me, you don't want to look at packages, T&C's and pensions there!!!!

The grass thats always greener is usually fertilised with s**t

Get the best job, with the best package and company that suits you. Enjoy it and stop moaning about the 'what might have beens'. We will all enjoy each others company in the cockpit far more!!!!!