PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible Nationwide Strike
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2005, 13:00
George Tower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon all,

I feel sufficiantly bored to chime in with my two cents, not that it matters.....

My first reaction to any strike is generally to be anti-union. To be honest most of them simply do not have a clue how to run a business hence they're trade unionists. Mostly these days a bitter, cynical and miserable lot.

HOWEVER, VB needs to realise that the success of his business is largely due to the dedicated front line staff of NW. Particularly, cabin crew, check-in staff and pilots. My experiences on NW have been excellent - pretty much like everyone else here.

I think VB is the beneficiary of the Affirmative Action recruitment policies of SAA, as in a sense even though these front line staff obvioulsy love their jobs, the career development road (to SAA - the high pay airline) is basically limited.

Although I have never personally met VB I know plenty that have dealt with him, the adjectives mean and ruthless spring to mind. Not wanting to distract from the massive achievement of running an airline successfully through some very turbulent times, it is still not the way to treat people - period.